Posted: September 23rd, 2022
Finish PowerPoint presentation
I have attached the paper that the presentation will be done from. Just need the additional slides completed and proofread
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Finish PowerPoint presentation
Just from $13/Page
The purpose of this assignment is to conduct an internal audit of organizational strengths and weaknesses and an external analysis of opportunities and threats as part of the strategic planning process.
Review the “Learning Exercise” located at the end of Chapter 2 in the textbook. Using a health care organization that no one in the group is researching as the focus for the assignment, you will collaborate to complete a multi-part analysis of the organization’s strategic assets. The findings will be presented in a 20-25 slide PowerPoint presentation. Keep the size of graphic files condensed and minimize special effects to ensure the file size does not exceed the 10 MB maximum for file submission to the LMS. Speaker notes should be included for each slide to provide talking points and relevant supporting details for the presentation of slide content.
Part 1: Internal Audit of a Health Care Organization
Research the organization and prepare a topical outline that addresses the following elements:
- Organization Description: Identify the mission, vision, location, size, scope of services, etc.
- Financial Performance and Condition: Describe historical financial performance and current financial condition. Include specific data that illustrates profits and losses, etc.
- Major Resources and Competencies: Identify tangible and intangible assets that are unique to the organization or give it competitive advantage and explain how each can be a strength or weakness for the organization.
- Internal Value Chain: Create a diagram similar to the examples provided in the textbook. Explain how each identified activity adds value to the customer and the organization.
Part 2: External Analysis of a Health Care Organization
Conduct an external environmental analysis using general, publicly available resources. When researching, identify 2-3 specific examples for each category. Add to the topic outline by addressing the following elements:
- Political/Government: Explain election results and current political mood along with the effects of government spending, policies on health care research, government regulation and enforcement of health care industry laws, and the government’s role in addressing critical societal challenges and how this affects the organization.
- Legal: Discuss systems (laws or statuTes, regulations, administrative rulings, and court decisions) and explain how events and decisions in these areas can affect regulation, risk, reimbursement, new projects, taxes, and competitive advantage for the organization.
- Professional/Industry: Describe the effect of positions and initiatives of professional and industry trade associations on the organization.
- Economic: Identify the current economic status at the regional, national, and global level and describe the effect on the organization.
- Demographics: Includes gender, age, income levels, ethnicity, race, education, family size, and composition, geographic place of residence, employment status, birth rates, and life expectancies.
- Sociocultural: Describe characteristics of important people in an organization’s external environment (i.e. traditions, lifestyles, values, attitudes, beliefs, opinions, tastes, political views, and behavioral patterns, etc.). Consider people such as immediate and prospective customers, customer influencers, end users, suppliers, shareholders, government regulators, medical, general public, and other stakeholders. Include discussion about how external sociocultural factors affect services provided by the organization.
- Technology: Explain how the organization is using new technology.
Part 3: Market Segments
- Compile a list of segments that could be defined within the organization’s overall market.
- Determine the most likely bases for differentiated product or service offerings.
Part 4: Five Force Analysis
- Conduct a five force analysis of the organization.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.