Posted: July 11th, 2022
Prompt: First, review the module resources you have encountered so far and create a presentation draft (PowerPoint with speaker notes) that analyzes the artifact under study (the one you selected in Module Two).
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Just from $13/Page
Specifically, the following critical elements (which align to the critical elements required of the presentation in Final Project Part Two) must be addressed:
Artifact: 13 Going on 30
I. Artifact: For this section of your presentation, you will introduce the artifact and how it embodies the mediated nature of popular culture and any topics that have been discussed in the course.
- Using appropriate research strategies, describe the relationship between your artifact and popular culture. What is the origin of your artifact?
- What is the relationship between popular culture and your artifact? How does one influence the other? Using appropriate research strategies,
describe the impact of your artifact on society. In your explanation, consider who is impacted by the artifact and what is important to know
about the attitudes, behaviors, and choices of those who are impacted by the artifact.
- Using relevant research or diverse perspectives, assess how society impacts your artifact.
- Yourself: This section of your presentation explores how studying popular culture influences your individual framework of perception with respect to your discipline of study or profession.
- How has critically analyzing your popular culture artifact informed your individual framework of perception? Consider how it has altered the way you perceive the world.
- How can critically analyzing popular culture influence your field of study or profession? How can popular culture inform your understanding of the next big topic of study in your field or profession in the next five to ten years?
- Society: This section of your presentation explores how studying popular culture enhances your ability to engage constructively in society.
- How does critically analyzing popular culture add value to how you interact with people and popular culture artifacts? Supplement your
reasoning with examples.
- Recommend strategies for using this kind of critical analysis for meeting your personal and professional goals. What might this look like in your
everyday life? Consider how popular culture can be used to address the day-to-day responsibilities or questions faced by practitioners in your field or discipline.
- Using relevant research or diverse perspectives, assess the benefits and challenges of addressing issues in popular culture.
- Explain how critically analyzing popular culture adds value to interactions with people in personal and professional contexts.
- Presentation: Throughout your presentation, you will be assessed on your ability to use effective communication skills to deliver your message to your audience.
- Construct your presentation in a way that ensures the audio and visual elements are logically organized in order to convey your message to your audience.
- Provide supporting evidence in your presentation that supports the importance of the critical analysis of popular culture and the impact of your artifact.
- Develop the audio narration to logically flow with the presentation to articulate the importance of critically analyzing popular culture and the impact of your artifact.
Guidelines for Submission: Milestone Three should be approximately 10 to 12 slides. You are required to include a combination of text and visuals in order to support your work. Support your presentation with relevant resources cited in APA format and noted on a separate slide. If you require alternative accommodations for completing this assignment, reach out to your instructor directly for more information.