The Lean Start Up Essay
In this essay you will write a book report on The Lean Startup by Eric Ries that includes a summary of key points from the book. This is an individual exercise.
- In your introduction, summarize the book and describe key lessons you learned. Your paper should also have a conclusion summarizing key points.
- This is NOT a collection of bullet points! It’s an essay! No need for titles to separate the sections of the paper.
- Do not use “you” or “your” in the essay. This makes assumptions of the reader and doesn’t belong in a report.
- Describe the core concepts “Validated Learning”, “Built-Measure-Learn” and “Innovation Accounting” in detail using examples found both in the book and real-life.
- Describe and give examples of Ries’s 3 Learning Milestones.
- Provide at least one example of a real company that recently pivoted that is NOT in the book.
- Describe which parts of the book’s philosophy make sense to you and which ones you think might be flawed.
- Use direct quotes from the book as well as quotes from outside sources (Make sure to cite your sources).
- When referencing the title of the book, you should use either italics or quotes.
- 1,000 word minimum, single spaced, and 12 point Times New Roman font.
Include a cover page with name, date. When referencing the title of the book, use quotes or italics.
Make sure to use approved in-text citations and include a separate page with your “Works Cited” list in MLA format. This extra page does not count towards your 1,000 word minimum. You should have more than (2) sources for this paper.
NOTE: Plagiarism is NOT tolerated. If it is found that any portion of your essay was copied from a source without a proper citation, you will receive an automatic 0 in the assignment and be reported.