Global.Final Project One Milestone Two Guidelines and Rubric Summary of the Issues
Overview: As a healthcare professional driven to advocacy, you must be aware of the disparities of healthcare systems within and across borders. In this module, you examined globally emerging health issues such as global health threats, infectious diseases, and human trafficking. These emerging health issues require a focus on prevention and an understanding of the best practices for the treatment of the affected vulnerable populations.
Prompt: In this milestone, you will analyze the major health issues in the country you chose for Final Project One. (Country Chosen :United Kingdom)
To begin your health study, summarize the three major health issues identified in the country you selected, including the economic, social, and cultural factors influencing the health issue. Describe what the various stakeholders (government, other organizations, vulnerable populations, etc.) are currently doing to address the issues. Evaluate the current response to each issue as good, bad, or needing improvement, and then propose interventions for improving the health of a vulnerable population impacted by each issue.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
Health Study: Identify three major areas of health study within the country for your analysis. You should have a section for each topic in your country profile, and each section should address the following elements:
- Explain the significance and impact of the issue within the country, using your research as support.
- Identify the populations impacted most by the issue and explain how they are impacted. Include a consideration of why these populations are
affected in your response.
- Assess the impact that social and cultural factors have on the populations vulnerable to the issue. Include in your assessment how these factors
may affect the populations’ vulnerability to the issue.
- Assess the impact that economic factors have on the populations affected by the issue. Include in your assessment how these factors may affect
the populations’ vulnerability to the issue.
- Assess the extent to which any current actions taken by organizations or governments are helping address the issue. If nothing is being done to
address the issue, explain why.
- Determine the influence of major stakeholders and organizations—national and international—that play a role in the healthcare environment of
- Recommend an intervention or improvement to an action and justify how it could help address the issue.
Guidelines for Submission: Your paper must be submitted as a 3- to 5-page Microsoft Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins, and at least three sources cited in APA format.