Writing nursing is very important in communicating your theoretical knowledge of nursing in your career. Nursing essays can be challenging to write nursing essays because it requires technical knowledge and research. Don’t panic though. In this article, you will learn how to compose a top-notch nursing essay paper.
What is a Nursing Essay?
Nursing essay is an academic writing about a topic related to nursing. It is used in nursing programs to showcase your knowledge. Knowing how to write an essay as a professional nurse is a brilliant way to advance your career. This kind of essay is different from other typical essays as it’s written for a knowledgeable audience.
How to Write a High-quality Nursing paper
Writing a nursing essay can be overwhelming because of its technical knowledge and research. It requires scientific accuracy, attention to details, technical research and proper citations. However, nursing essay writing is made easier by breaking it to smaller steps.
To write perfect nursing essay, here is what you need to do:
- Read the assignment carefully. The first thing you need to do is read and understand what your tutor requires from you. Check on the topic you’re required to analyze, word count, citation style and expectation of quality sources.
- Choose a topic. Check on various topics and conduct some research on the information available to them. Then narrow to 2-3 topics and dig deeper before choosing one. Make sure the topic you choose appeals to you and your audience as well.
- Analyze and Outline. An outline is an important tool in organizing your essay. It helps in keeping track of important information found during research. You can create your own outline or create a template.
- Conduct research. Stick to reputable sources from academic and scientific papers and journals.
- Write the introduction. Here, inform your reader what the essay is all about while giving somebackgrounf infromation. It is much easier to write an introduction after you’ve written body paragraphs. This is because after writing body paragraphs, you’ll have a better idea on what background information to give. Also, include your thesis statement at this part. A thesis statement is a one-sentence description on what your paper will be about.
- Write body paragraphs. You can have between 1 and 5 body paragraphs. It all depends on word count. Make sure to highlight 1 sub-topic of the main topic on each body paragraph.
- Write the conclusion. Here, summarize your main points in the body paragraphs and restate the thesis statement. The thesis statement will remind your reader how they are all connected. You can end a conclusion with possible areas for further research and interesting questions to ponder.
- Proofread and edit and then submit. You can change sections, add information or remove information after writing your first draft. Once you are happy with a final draft, check the paper for formatting errors, spelling and grammar mistakes.
How to Write a Nursing Essay Paragraph by Paragraph.
Nursing essay writing loosely follows the five-paragraph of essay writing. You start with an introduction, three body paragraphs and finally a conclusion.
A nursing essay can still have just one body paragraph or as many as necessary. It all depends on the word count.
Nursing Essay Introduction
The main aim of an introduction is to engage the reader and inform them what your essay is all about. Make sure that your first sentence is a hook. This sentence must be an interesting fact or a question that captures your reader’s attention. Then, write background information related to your topic. This will help your reader understand what information they need to know. Follow this up with a thesis statement.
This is the most important sentence in the introduction paragraph if not the entire essay. Craft a thesis statement that fits your topic. Make sure that body paragraphs provide evidence to back up your thesis. End your introduction statement with your thesis statement. You can also include a brief-one sentence transition to body paragraphs.
Nursing Essay Body Paragraphs
This is where you provide information and build your case. Start each body paragraph with a topic sentence that outlines what the paragraph is about. THen explain how the information relates to the thesis statement. Present correctly cited evidence from reputable sources in the rest of the paragraph. Make sure to end a body paragraph with a transition sentence to increase readability and cohesiveness.
In each body paragraph, explore one main supporting point. Keep in mind not to include too much information about different issues so as not to confuse the reader.
When writing body paragraphs, you may come across new pieces of information that you didn’t include in the outlining phase. This is to be expected. Don’t hesitate to incorporate new research.
Nursing Essay Conclusion.
Here, summarize the main points and strongest pieces of evidence. Then restate the thesis statement and show how everything is connected. Your main conclusions should be self arguments. Therefore, don’t explain your information too much. Make sure not to bring new information in the conclusion. End your essay by suggesting further research areas or posing an interesting question.
Choosing an Essay Topic
If you’re writing an application essay for nursing, here are the most important things to consider when coming up with potential topic:
- Choose a topic that you’re interested in
- Choose a topic that you’re convinced will impress your reader.
- Choose a topic that has reputable sources to cite.
- Make sure your topic is not too narrow or too broad.
- Spend more time brainwashing and researching your topic. Don’t go for the first topic you think of.
Here are top 10 topics for nursing essay that you can use for inspiration:
- Practical ways to improve efficiency in hospitals.
- Describe the steps of a basic procedure.
- Should nurses be allowed to prescribe medicines?
- Compare and contrast nursing requirements in various countries.
- Expand the new theories of standard nursing procedure.
- Describe ways on how to deal with pressures of being a nurse.
- Describe the importance of psychological training in nursing
- What are the challenges nurses face in developing countries?
- Describe the nursing for infants.
- Explain the challenges of being a trauma nurse
If you still have challenges in writing a nusringreserach paper, don’t panic. Just make an order here. We guarantee you high quality paper that meets your expectations.