SW of SWOT and PES of PESTEL for Costco
MINIMUM 2 PAGES, NOT COUNTING HEADING, CHARTS/ILLUSTRATIONS, OR CITATIONS. DOUBLE SPACED, 12 PT. FONT. ALL CITATIONS IN APA FORMAT. LATE ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE PENALIZED A MINIMUM OF 30%.
This section of your term paper is to be focused on the PESTEL and the SFAS (environmental analysis) for the Fortune 500 company you have chosen. A copy of your PESTEL and SFAS must be included in this section, and you must refer to it in your text. What are the current goals of the firm? Do you agree with them? If not, what would you suggest and why? Assess the internal and external environment of the firm: how important is each factor and why? What scores did you give each factor? How did you arrive at these values? What is the SFAS telling you as far as what must be addressed in your strategic proposals? Remember: do not make any suggestions for strategic actions in this section. If you need clarification on the workings of either analysis tool, the Term Paper tab on Blackboard provides detailed instruction on both of these, plus the TOWS chart. If you still have questions after reading these instructions, feel free to email me for an explanation, or to set up a Zoom meeting.
Do your own work. SWOTs, SFAS’, or TOWS’ written by other sources may not be used, and will be considered to be plagiarism if they are used in your paper. As always, citations must be included in text, using APA format. See the bottom of page 1 in this syllabus for a web link, if you don’t know how to use APA.
Section I: PESTEL/SFAS
- Current goals of the firm? Do you agree with them? If not, what would you suggest and why?
- Goals : “Here at Costco, we have a very straightforward, but important mission: to continually provide our members with quality goods and services at the lowest possible prices.”(Costco customer service)
- Assess the internal and external environment of the firm: how important is each factor and why? What scores did you give each factor?
- 1) why you thought these factors were important
- 2) what factors you thought they were not handling very well
- 3) what this chart is telling you as far as what MUST be taken care of by the company in order to improve.