To prepare for this Assignment: Review the Learning Resources, including “‘Good to Great’ in Healthcare: How Some Organizations Are Elevating Their
o prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the Learning Resources, including “‘Good to Great’ in Healthcare: How Some Organizations Are Elevating Their Performance” and the two leadership skills assessments.
- Select and complete one of the leadership assessments in your resources to determine your strengths and weaknesses related to your future career in healthcare management.
- Complete the Leadership Skills Assessment Template in your Learning Resources. (Note: Print and keep this completed template handy; you will revisit your results in Week 6.)
- Review the insights provided on your results.
To complete this Assignment, write a 1- to 2-page paper that identifies the following:
- Explain whether you agree with the statement “Leaders are not born, they are made” and why.
- What are the key differences between a manager and a leader?
- Based on the results of your completed leadership skills assessment, what are your current strengths and weaknesses as a healthcare manager and/or leader? Do you agree?
- What areas do you feel you need to work on to go from “good” to “great” as a healthcare manager and/or leader in the setting you described in the Discussion?
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure that your in-text citations and refe